When purchasing a property, you will need to undertake a conveyance. That is, the transfer of ownership from one owner to another. This may seem like a simple process, however, nothing is further from the truth. Conveyancing is a series of tasks that requires knowledge and skills, which is what we are here to assist you with.
- Review your Contract of Sale and advise on its terms
- Search the certificate of title to ensure proper ownership
- Search with government departments and local authorities for anything affecting the property
- Advise on information in the Statutory disclosure statement (also known as Form 1)
- Ensure compliance with all special conditions and time limits
- Prepare the client authorization form and arrange for its signing
- Verify the identity and authority of the signatories of the client authorization
- Calculate adjustments for taxes and rates up to the settlement date
- Liaise with your lending institution and the other party’s conveyancer for completion of sale
- Attend settlement on your behalf
Contact us to arrange an appointment.